Edible Fetus

Saturday, November 12, 2005

The heavier side of Beantown...

Ok, so iunex at the skafunk board asked for some Tree and it got me thinking about how incredible the punk/hardcore/metal scene used to be in Boston back in the day. I can remember being able to see two or three shows in a single day - all-ages afternoon show at the Paradise, then a late-afternoon show at TT The Bears and then a night show at a YMCA gym. Those were the days. Now, you're hard pressed to find anything going on in the Boston/Cambridge area at all.

Anyway, after getting the Tree upped and posted, I figured I'd start on a grand undertaking and upload a shitload of Boston acts and do a massive bunch of posts for everyone. I started today and want to get at least 75% of my planned uploads done before I share with anyone. I encourage you to listen and then go out and buy these - most are released via small, independant labels by bands that could really use and benefit from the sales. Most bands which will be featured are defunct (or should be at this point,) but all of them hold a special place in my blackened heart.

Without blowing the whole load at once, I will tell you that some bands which will be featured in this on-going post are: Post Mortem, Sam Black Church, Stompbox, Mung, Jerry's Kids, Gang Green, SSD, High Defiance, Roadsaw, as well as a bunch of killer comps. featuring Boston area bands...keep checking back, it'll be a monumental bitch of a post run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home